We invite you to tour our facility and visit our class. We are confident you will find LCS to be a school committed to Christian values in a loving atmosphere! The purpose of our program is to educate and equip the preschool child to grow and develop in all areas of their lives. The Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of God's word will be integrated into all experiences that your child encounters while at LCS.
What Sets Us Apart:
LCS strives for excellence in Christian education by partnering with Christian parents in meeting each individual student's needs. Our school is an extension of Christian family life and we take our obligation to be partners with parents seriously to provide the best education for our students. We are dedicated to bring each student to his or her highest potential academically, socially, and spiritually.
The early childhood program at LCS offers an emphasis on four years old academics on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and three years old academics on Tuesday and Thursday. We offer full and half day attendance for threes.
Circle time (calendar, introduction to new concepts)
- Phonological awareness and readiness (introduction to ABC's, print awareness, rhyming, etc.)
- Center time
- Bible story with Bible memory
- Story and art project
- Math activities & concepts
- Music, Library & Gym
What Will Your Child Learn?
Goals: Help the children to gain independence and self-confidence in an atmosphere that allows each child to grow and expand his/her world through a variety of experiences. To provide enjoyment and create enthusiasm and excitement for learning while building and maintaining positive self esteem in each child.
- Encourage the children to become self-directed, independent and comfortable in a learning environment through practice and repetition.
- Provide opportunities for the children to build social skills and a level of confidence in themselves, to function independently in the classroom and outside the classroom.
- Expose the children to a wide variety of experiences through “hands on” activities stories, songs, rhymes, field trips, and other enrichment experiences.
The children will learn about taking turns and being in a school environment. We will work on their language development and social skills. Academically the children will be introduced to shapes, colors, AB patterns, opposites, sequencing, sorting and classifying, rhyming, numbers 1-10, and the alphabet.
The children will work on developing their social skills and language development. We will learn about shapes, colors, opposites, sequencing, rhyming, sorting & classifying, AB, ABC, ABB patterns, numbers 1-20, upper and lowercase alphabet along with alphabet sounds.
Both classes receive Bible stories and Bible memory, gym and music class. The PreK also goes to library class and participates in the Motor Moms program.
What Is the Purpose of the Preschool Program?
The purpose of our program is to educate and equip the preschool child to grow and develop in all areas of their lives. The Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of God's Word will be integrated into all experiences that your child encounters while at LCS.
We believe that each child is unique and is created in God's image! Because of this, we offer activities and experiences that:
- Teach Biblical knowledge
- Develop Christian character
- Encourage language and speech development
- Promote social interaction with others
- Educate academically
- Build self-confidence
- Enhance awareness of God's world